I suggest you ...

support outgoing mail

I know there are existing options including something like Postmarkapp to Amazon SES, but it would be nice to have a single stop shop for all email handling. both incoming and outgoing mail would be sweet.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Steve SmithAdminSteve Smith (Founder, cloudmailin) responded  · 

I’d be really interested to know what other people think on this. It’s highly unlikely that we will look into this in the short term however we would value the opinions of our users here. Does having everything in one place help or is it better to concentrate on what we do best?

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chad MyersChad Myers commented  · 

I agree with idris. There are lots of outbound email solutions that have solved that problem. The inbound problem needs solved and I want CloudMailin focused on the inbound problem rather than trying to compete with the established outbound players.

• Eric-PaulEric-Paul commented  · 

I'm looking for a mail server with hooks for both incoming and outgoing emails. The web app I want to hook it up to will then be able to act as a communications monitor. I'd love to subscribe to a service like cloudmailin if it supports both, but maybe my use case is too niche...

• idrisidris commented  · 

Sending email is a completely different problem with a completely different audience. I don't think these are similar enough to roll into one product. Sending email involves a lot of trust building, etc. The feature set has almost no overlap, except that both features include the word "email"

Feedback and Knowledge Base